|The 7th Anniversary Media Art Show Light Paradise|
|장소||Yangpyeong Art Museum|
The 7th Anniversary of Yangpyeong Art Museum, Winter Project
Media Art Show - Light Paradise Exhibition
December 14th, 2018 ~ February 17th, 2019
This winter, Yangpyeong Art Museum’s journey will take you to the future of art.
The convergence of science and art and the paradise of light presented by the finest contemporary artists in domestic and abroad art scene
will be a winter’s delight to the audience.
Yangpyeong Art Museum is hosting the 7th Anniversary exhibition Media Art Show - Light Paradise. This exhibition differs from other exhibitions in that it is comprised of video art installation and moving pieces.
There will also be exquisite visual media performance In the opening ceremony. Media facade will be presented on the outer wall of the museum, creating a marvelous harmony of city and art.
With the indoor Media Art Show - Light Paradise Exhibition which conveys the diverse movements and light forms, they will bring the future of art through into the limelight. Each exhibition will highlight the characteristics of exhibition spaces in the museum. The artworks of 40 artists featuring cutting-edge technology will demonstrate the pioneering information technology and convergence art model through the collision of art and science.
As the saying goes, contemporary art completes itself when it reaches the audience. The Light Paradise Exhibition features interactive artworks which require audience’s participation. On the Ground level, Media Learning experience booth will help the audience examine and experience the visual media artworks themselves to go beyond the visual understanding.
The Slope Space will be dynamic art space with the creative ensemble of visual media art and the characters in myths. These works signify the past which becomes the present reality through the art, the present headed towards the future which will bring about the global village era through the ideology-transcending harmony of diverse ethnicity.
[Ara Oshagan_Rehearsal, Stereotrain Studio, Burbank, 2007]
[Gegham Sargsyan_Frozen Lake drone footage screen shot, Eastern Sierra Mountains US, Feb 2018]
[Panetta and Poulton_6x9 A Virtual Experience of Solitary Confinement, VR headset,2016]
The Exhibition Hall #2 on the second floor will be furnished with the mechanical kinetic artworks (Energy Structure) which utilize virtual reality format technology for the connection of cam and axis to form a structure as a kinetic art, evoking a sense of dynamics of a movement and creating another present. As well as the Electronic Arts, the kinetic artworks will be projected through the lighting or water to create refreshing outlook on the everyday object.
[Jae-hyung, Lee_FACE OF CITY, LCD Display, PC, 2014]
[Joon Y. Moon_a flight to sound, 2017]
[siyon Jin_the chronicle of light, 3D Animation, 2017]
Another fascinating factor in this exhibition lies in the Exhibition Hall #3 on the 2nd floor which is the core exhibition area for Media Art Show- Light Paradise. It will present all of the artworks for the audience to actually experience the art hands-on through the interactive format, witness the moment the art is brought to the reality, and to examine their artistic imagination.
[Cho, se-min_Phantomat Room, VR Glasses, Cellular phone, 360˚ VR screen, 2015]
[Jeong-ju, Jeong_hall, 3d animation,2018]
[hanho_Eternal Light -21c Last Supper 14MX3M Canvas on Hangi ,oil ,Charcoal ,LED Light, Black Mirror,tempered glass , video 2016]
[Moha AHN Jongyuen_Light of Amaranth_Variable size_Variable installation_Emirates Palace installation view_2013]
Especially the pieces can be described as timely art pieces as these have blossomed into art through the collision with advanced technology and techniques symbolizes the 4th industrial revolution era. This creative art let the audience recognize the new value emerged from the convergence with scientific technology among IoT, AI or super intelligence and contemporary art. We can note that ultimately, the convergence and collision of two completely different areas of work presents a glimpse of the innovative transformation of our society where these state-of-the-art information and communication technologies of AI, IoT, big data and mobile to be incorporated into our daily lives, economy or society as a whole.
In this sense, Yangpyeong Art Museum will introduce the art of scientific technology and advanced high-tech visual art installation in the winter project Media Art Show - Light Paradise exhibition. Especially the visual media art features lighting equipment and other materials communicate an unparalleled aura. Creative art and weekend educational program will also be held in association with the indoor exhibition and media facade artworks on the museum’s outer wall will also be exhibited in the opening ceremony. Outdoor Installation Art - Happy Encounters Exhibition was intended to share the local art culture with the audience and the residents as well.
The 7th Anniversary Media Art Show - Light Paradise exhibition will let the audience recognize the power of technology and media when a message is conveyed in their everyday lives. In this sense, the media art represents the broad meaning of art that transcends the category of art such as painting or sculpture. Just as the art depicts the future of human society, we hope this exhibition will be a meaningful event for the audience to realize their own perspective through art.
December 14th, 2018
Curatorial Affairs, Yangpyeong Art Museu
□ Indoor Exhibition
○ Media Art Play : A space for creating media art, digital art and computer art with educational media art experience
○ Forming Sculpture : Visual media and installation art represents the unimaginable future while the past and present is indistinguishable to create unique sensation.
○ Conversion of Idea : The convergence between art and science, the imagination shared between the artworks and kinetic art’s the visual perception is featured in this exhibition space.
○ Real-life Augmented Reality : The perceived value in advanced technology, media and the big data will create a new direction for the art itself and the audience can witness the AI computer art that transcends the imagination and a glimpse of 4th industrial revolution.
○ Children’s Experience Hall : The art in the past and present is presented in the chlidren’s animation in this hall and field experience drawing competition will be held.
□ Outdoor Exhibition
○ Happy Encounters : As Yangpyeong is a place where cultural tourism and art is combined together in the eco-friendly city. This exhibition will be a winter’s delight which represents the happy encounter with the following new year while saying farewell to this year.
○ Media Facade : Installation exhibition on the museum’s outer wall. Artworks by renowned artists will be presented and the glorious visual media represents the evolution of contemporary art. The works of Yangpyeong’s own local talents will also be presented as a video art.